Frequently Asked Questions
Feeding Royal Canin
Based on size, age, lifestyle and breed, each cat and dog have unique nutritional needs.
For healthy pets, you can refer to our product page to browse our retail range and vet range to find out more about each product information and select a suitable diet for your pet.
Dog product page: https://www.royalcanin.com/my/dogs/products
Cat Product page: https://www.royalcanin.com/my/cats/products
Should you have any enquiries or are spoilt for choice, you can reach out to us at Royal Canin.
The contact details are in https://www.royalcanin.com/my/contact-us
Dogs and especially cats may reject a new food if it is not introduced slowly over a period of at least 7 days. If your pet is sensitive to dietary changes, a longer transition may be required.
An abrupt change in diet can lead to digestive upset. This may happen even if the new food you are providing are of good quality, simply due to the fact that the digestive system of cats and dogs are not highly adaptive to sudden changes in their diets.
To effectively transition your pet to a new formula, we suggest slowly mixing the new food in with the existing food in gradually increasing amounts.
- Mix 25% of the new formula with 75% of your pet’s previous formula for 2 or 3 days.
- Then mix the two formulas 50% and 50% for 2 or 3 days.
- Then mix 75% of the new formula with 25% of the previous formula for 2 or 3 days.
- Follow with 100% of the new formula.
If your pet experiences any change in eating behaviour or stool quality, please contact your veterinarian.
Rest assured that Royal Canin Malaysia import pork-free formula for all of our DRY cat products.
Our wet products (Kitten Wet Pouch, Instinctive, Sterilised, and Intense Beauty) sold in pet shops and our two authorized online stores are also pork-free to cater for the multi-cultural market needs.
For feline wet pouch veterinary health nutrition, please check with your vet or refer to the packaging/box labelling for the ingredients. Feel free to reach out to us too.
Quality and food safety
Our BBD is in the format of DAY-MONTH-YEAR. For example: 19/5/22 reads as best before 19th May 2022.
Opened dry diets are best consumed within one month of opening, but is fine up to two months if stored appropriately.
• To optimize palatability, choose the appropriate bag size according to the amount your pet should be eating based on pet size.
• We recommend to keep the product in the original bag and store it in a dry, airtight plastic or steel container with a lid. It is important to close the bag tightly after each use, expelling as much air as possible.
• Remember to store it in a cool, dry place and reseal the bag and container after each feed.
Opened wet food can be stored in the fridge and used within 48-72 hours if stored appropriately.
• For cans, use a lid to cover the top/put in a container.
• For pouches, put in a container.
• Remember, a cold product is not palatable, so always serve at room temperature.
• Wet food that is left out should be discarded after 20 minutes to 30 minutes.
• You can find authorized offline pet stores/vet clinics here: https://www.royalcanin.com/my/where-to-buy
• Authorized online stores:
a. Royal Canin Flagship Store @ Lazada
b. Royal Canin Official Store @ Shopee
Please only purchase our products in its original packaging and not repacked food.