Puppy checklist - bringing a new puppy home
What’s the right age to bring your puppy home?
When is the best time to bring a puppy home?
Are you ready to collect your puppy?
Make sure you’re well prepared, and you'll help your puppy settle happily and safely into their new home and family. Not quite ready? Find out more about how to prepare for your puppy's arrival.Getting prepared
Questions to ask your puppy’s breeder
- Is the puppy fully weaned?
- What food are they being fed and what’s their feeding schedule?
- Have they begun toilet training, and to what level?
- What are their current daytime and night time routines?
- Have they been checked by a vet?
- Have they had any health issues?
- Have they had any vaccinations and, if so, when is the next injection due?
- When have they been given worming treatments?
- Do they have an identification chip?
- What social experiences have they had so far?
- What are their parents’ temperaments and personalities like and are health certificates available for them?